World Vision Careers Response Director Jobs In Erbil Iraq 2022 – World Vision Is Recruiting For Response Director Jobs In Erbil Iraq Region. Interested & Eligible Candidates Can Apply Online Through World Vision Official Website. Online Application Direct Links Are Given Below, Follow The Instructions and Apply Soon Before Registration End.
Are You Interested In This Job Role? If, Yes. Then You Can Apply Here For World Vision Careers Response Director Jobs in Erbil Iraq.
- time type
- Full time
- job requisition id
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
International Assignment – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Position: Response Director – World Vision Iraq
Deadline of Applications: 2 October 2022
Note: Please submit your CV in English.
World Vision has worked with vulnerable children in Iraq, their families and communities since 2014 including Syrian refugees, internally displaced persons, host communities and returnees across six governorates of Erbil, Sulaymaniyah, Duhok, Kirkuk, Salah al-Din and Ninewa.
The humanitarian context in Iraq remains fragile and is ranked as a Most Fragile Country in WV’s country Categorisation. In FY21 WV Iraq reached 504,086 individuals with a funding portfolio of around $57 million USD.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Provide strategic, programmatic, operational and resource leadership and oversight.
- Strategically lead, develop and direct the implementation of WV Iraq’s Response in line with WVI and humanitarian principles to ensure high impact and quality programming.
- Lead the Senior Leadership Team to ensure the strategy meets desired objectives and that the Response is appropriately structured & resourced, financially viable and compliant with WV policies and Disaster Management Standards.
- Ensure that WV Iraq’s program is directly contributing to the sustained well-being of children.
- Represent WV Iraq externally with donors, partners, UN agencies, NGOs, national and local authorities, faith representatives, and other WV Partnership offices and divisions.
- Lead the development of the Iraq country strategy in alignment with the overall World Vision Regional, Response and Partnership strategies.
- Ensure strategic and operational alignment of all Response functions to meet humanitarian needs while considering operational feasibility and technical quality.
- Lead and be accountable for business planning, annual budgeting and acquisition and diversification of funding to implement the strategy (includes ensuring proper cost recovery in all grants and other funding streams).
- Lead in assessment and implementation of enterprise risk management and business continuity contingency planning.
- Ensure that a clear exit or transition plan is established in the Response as required.
Leadership & Management:
- Promote World Vision’s vision, core values and key global Partnership standards and practices across offices and partner agencies.
- Lead and mentor the Senior Leadership Team in a manner that facilitates a high-performance culture, accountability, openness, trustworthy & strong relationships, collaboration, integrity & decisiveness.
- Ensure an organisational structure that results in optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure high standards of management of people, financial, capital and technical resources of the Response fostering and maintaining high standards of work and clear accountability to stakeholders.
- Ensure that proper risk management requirements are in place, including standards for monitoring, escalating to and managing incidents.
- Ensure internal communications mechanisms are in place so policies, information and decisions are shared with staff as appropriate.
- • Model a high standard of Christian leadership, maturity and integrity as an example to staff, and provide overall spiritual leadership for the Response team.
- Support initiatives for staff care and well-being, both for international and local employees.
- Respect, value and promote gender, social inclusion and religious and ethnic diversity.
Collaboration & Networking:
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships and partnerships with host government, donors, other NGOs, UN agencies, humanitarian community, Civil Society, diverse faith-based organisations and WV Partnership offices and divisions as relevant.
- Prioritize high level external engagement with donors, UN Agencies, humanitarian community, UN cluster system and Durable Solutions platforms, other NGOs and INGO’s, Support Offices and other stakeholders to stimulate resource acquisition, maximise impact, foster coordination and partnering and profile raising for WV Iraq.
- Ensure World Vision’s presence and effectiveness in Iraq through timely information and mitigation of security and other risk factors.
- Ensure Iraq engages in relevant national coordination mechanisms and, where relevant, consortium meetings including representing WV as Head of office/response at NGO coordination meetings and Country Director (ND) forums.
- Ensure a strong advocacy capacity, in particular child-focused themes aligned with strategy and organisational priorities.
- Ensure programme development and implementation meet World Vision’s highest quality, standards and impact.
- Ensure that feedback and complaint mechanisms for beneficiaries, communities, other stakeholders and World Vision staff are in place.
- Ensure adequate technical capacity is in place or externally accessible.
- Ensure that all programmes are implemented, monitored and evaluated to measure impact and in accordance with donors, SOs, Region and other stakeholder’s standards and requirements.
Finance & Compliance:
- Ensure financial resources are managed according to agreements with donors and standards approved by World Vision.
- Ensure efficient and effective organizational practices that result in successful financial and operational audit scores.
- Ensure a close, effective and supportive relationship is developed with Regional Functional Leads to improve efficiency and eliminate unapproved organisational obstructions.
- Ensure that audit reports are reviewed and recommendations implemented within approved / agreed timeframes in order to ensure risk mitigation.
- Manage overall financial integrity of the program to WV Support Offices, Donors, the Government and other stakeholders.
- Exercise good stewardship over all resources by maintaining sound internal controls, risk register, procedures and records according to WVI accountability standards.
- Ensure that P&C policies are adapted and aligned with those of World Vision International.
- Ensure that the quality of staff recruited and retained are at a level to meet the organisation’s overall performance expectations.
- Promote a culture of learning and development, employee engagement and good stewardship of human capital in the office.
- Ensure P&C establishes a staff care function and mechanism that supports staff well-being.
Safety & Security, Disaster Mitigation and Preparedness:
- Oversee regular review of security and safety plans and protocols (security manual, evacuation plan, Disaster Preparedness Plan, and risk assessments at national and AP levels) and ensure understanding and compliance by all staff and visitors.
- Ensure the ongoing monitoring of the external security environment.
- Ensure experienced, high quality staffing of the security function.
Reporting & Knowledge Management:
- Liaise with programme and information management teams to ensure internal and external reporting requirements are planned for, aligned and meet quality and deadline requirements.
- Ensure that communication products are developed and disseminated to internal and external audiences.
- Ensure internal coordination & information sharing mechanisms result in improved staff awareness and performance.
- • Perform other tasks assigned by the Regional Leader.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong commitment to WV’s vision, mission and core values.
- 5 + years proven Senior Leadership experience with International NGOs in emergency relief, rehabilitation and transition programming.
- Proven track record of leading multi-cultural teams in complex, culturally and politically-sensitive contexts.
- Proven track record of growing and managing multi-million dollar budgets.
- Politically astute and well-developed diplomatic skills (dealing with host governments, donors and staff).
- Extensive experience in programme management and implementation of multi-sectoral emergency response & recovery projects.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success as a collaborator and team builder committed to the transfer of knowledge.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Responsible steward of resources and assets.
- Innovator and calculated risk taker.
- Understands, values and promotes diversity to achieve organizational goals.
- Knowledge of computer software such as MS Office and email programs.
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- University degree or qualification in a relevant subject with a focus on team management, organizational development. project management or other relevant skills.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
- Knowledge of Arabic will be helpful.
- Experience in the Middle East.
- Work Environment/Travel: Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function in unpredictable and potentially hostile environments.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted
Apply On World Vision Website