World Vision Careers Programs and Operations Head Jobs In Erbil Iraq 2022 – World Vision Is Recruiting For Programs and Operations Head Jobs In Erbil Iraq Region. Interested & Eligible Candidates Can Apply Online Through World Vision Official Website. Online Application Direct Links Are Given Below, Follow The Instructions and Apply Soon Before Registration End.
Are You Interested In This Job Role? If, Yes. Then You Can Apply Here For World Vision Careers Programs and Operations Head Jobs in Erbil Iraq.
Programs and Operations Head
- time type
- Full time
- job requisition id
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
International Assignment – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Head of Operations and Programs and Operations (Local and International applicants are accepted)
Lead, direct and manage all aspects of World Vision program and operations in KRI and GOI, and ensure that there are strong strategic links, integration and coordination between resource acquisition, Program quality, field operations, and organizational objectives to achieve optimum impact on child well-being for the most vulnerable children.
To ensure that WV Iraq is accountable to all partners and that all work is of the highest standard, cost effective and adheres to standards and policies of World Vision International and its donors.
To assist the Response Director in overall strategic and operational leadership to World Vision’s emergency response and long term development activities in KRI and GOI. Key areas include partner liaison and localization, Business development and resource acquisition, Donor liaison, external representation, staff capacity building, and field operations.
Ensure Strategic Planning and Coordination
- As a member of Senior Leadership Team, contribute to the overall success of WV Iraq country strategy and business planning.
- Identify strategically aligned programming opportunities, within the national context and mandate including accessing funding and partnering effectively with stakeholders
- Approve and ensure the implementation of Resource development and acquisition strategies and plans
- Forge strong relationship with peers in the WV partnership, advocating the position of WV Iraq, contributing to strategic meetings, translating strategic insights into contextually appropriate approaches.
- Promote strong and rigorous coordination and collaboration between field operations, grant acquisition, sector and evaluation teams to ensure high quality program implementation and field impact.
- Ensure field needs, assessment and analyses data, local context, internal and external funding and donor priorities, are all properly integrated into WV Iraq strategic planning
Ensure quality of Grant Acquisition and Management and Field Operations
- Provide overall leadership to the implementation of all programs and operations in KRI & GOI.
- Facilitate programme planning process with all functions to ensure alignment with context, humanitarian and developmental needs and strategy as well as operational feasibility and technical quality.
- Advise, approve and evaluate operations, programs and Area budgets, operations funding, expenditures and accomplishment of ministry objectives.
- Oversee the consultative grant planning and go-no-go decision making process and ensure that both WV policy and field needs are met.
- In coordination with the Finance department, ensure program adherence to financial policies and manage overall departmental budget
- Ensure that department team is guided by sound humanitarian and developmental principles, WV internal standards and in compliance with Support offices and donor requirements.
- Ensure that internal and external reporting requirements are met by field operations and Resource Development, Technical and MEL teams.
- Ensure that recommendations from audit reports and audit findings (relating to program and operations) and programme/project evaluations, including RTE, are addressed and implementation plans developed for the recommendations of the reports are in place and accomplished.
- Ensure quality line management to the Resource development and Program quality teams in meeting the program quality delivery, income targets, providing portfolio and projection analysis, following up on Management and Compliance, ensuring the strategic integration and quality of technical sectors, etc.
Leadership and Management
- Lead the field operations and Resource Development and Program quality team(s) in a manner that facilitates a high performance culture, openness, strong relationships, mutual support and respect, integrity and decisiveness
- Provide leadership and coaching in maintaining positive, constructive and supportive communication with all teams
- Lead and participate in the recruitment, selection and development of all key position with the respective role and functions.
- Ensure implementation of World Vision’s performance management standards and principles for direct reports and their teams. Ensure team index compliance.
- Ensure the successful implementation of humanitarian and developmental transitional activities of World Vision in Iraq, in line with donor requirements, internal policies and standards, and with applicable industry standards.
- Lead the Resource development, Program quality, MEAL and Area teams program and operational units to a high level of excellence, including technical delivery and positive team dynamic (team morale).
Collaboration, Networking and External Engagement
- In coordination with the Response Director, develop and maintain good relationships with major (government/private) donors and World Vision Support Offices, including planning how to approach donors (government/private donors and support offices); streamlining strategic dialogues, meetings and overseeing the implementation process.
- In collaboration with the Response Director, Initiate and maintain regular contact with other international non-governmental organizations and Governorate officials in an effort to obtain experience and co-ordinate information regarding current and future works in the country and be abreast of context changes at all times
- Ensure internal coordination and collaboration by integrating the field operations and program development and quality teams.
- Identify, timely report to the Response Director and seek rapid solutions for any areas of conflict, overlap or inefficiency in the Country program.
- Serve as the central focal point for WV Iraq’s and develop external engagement strategy.
- Ensure that donor visits are strategic, well timed and smoothly executed and managed.
- Coordinate with other SLT members in representing WV at national and sub national level coordination meetings and when appropriate, with other INGOs, local organizations, and high-level government officials.
- Facilitate the growth of WV Iraq’s program by cultivating good working relationships with major relief/development donors (government/private) operating in the nexus space such as, but not limited to ECHO, EC/EU, USAID, UNHCR, UNICEF, UNESCO, UNDP, GAC, UKAID, KfW, GIZ, BMZ, and other relevant in-country donor institutions, NGO community, local partners and World Vision Support Offices.
- Oversee and lead the Resource Development team on Proposal design, development and quality submission.
Perform other duties as required
- In collaboration with the Response Director and National Security Coordinator, ensure that World Vision’s security policies and protocols are implemented and monitored on a regular basis.
- Ensure stewardship of the financial resources and people.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager including acting as Response Director when required.
- Master’s degree in humanitarian aid, international development, economics, rural development, social sciences or related field.
- 10+ years proven experience with International NGOs in emergency relief, transition and long term development programming especially in fragile and non-fragile contexts.
- Professional degree preferred on any international relations and Educations.
- Proven track record in a field related to humanitarian, development, advocacy and campaigns leadership, social work in LMIC and MIC.
- Proven track record to deliver designated tasks on time and on budget.
- Proven track record of leading multi-cultural teams in complex, culturally and politically-sensitive contexts.
- Proven track record of growing and managing multi-million dollar budgets.
- Extensive experience in programme management and implementation of multi-sectoral emergency and development projects.
- Excellent decision-making skills and ability to take calculated mitigated risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment, and ability to analyse and solve problems, persuade, network and negotiate.
- Excellent proven track record of donor relations with multiple donors.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Outstanding team leadership personality and skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Fluency in written and spoken English language is required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time-management skills.
- Clear understanding and experience of the workings with major donor (traditional, non-traditional, contractors and private sector entities) their perspectives, requirements and standards.
- Proven track record working with commercial contracts and with development and humanitarian contractors.
- Must be able to represent World Vision to major program donors in a highly professional manner, in person and in writing.
- Arabic/Kurdish is preferred
- Good knowledge and understanding of key aspect of humanitarian aid/emergency relief and development work including Education, Child Protection, Health Livelihood, WASH, GESI and Social Cohesion.
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and humanitarian mandate.
- Adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Full adherence to security protocols
- Understanding of WV operations and strong field acumen.
- Must be in good physical and mental condition
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
50 % travel required within the country and internationally.
Apply On World Vision Website