World Vision Careers Assistant Accountant Jobs In Terego Uganda 2022 – World Vision Is Recruiting For Assistant Accountant Jobs In Terego Uganda Region. Interested & Eligible Candidates Can Apply Online Through World Vision Official Website. Online Application Direct Links Are Given Below, Follow The Instructions and Apply Soon Before Registration End.
Are You Interested In This Job Role? If, Yes. Then You Can Apply Here For World Vision Careers Assistant Accountant Jobs in Terego Uganda.
- time type
- Full time
- job requisition id
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Assistant Accountant (2)
Report to: Area Programme Coordinator & Project Coordinator UNRC Project
Location: Terego and Yumbe
Advert Start Date: 9th September 2022
Advert End Date: 15th September 2022
Purpose of the position:
To assist in providing financial technical support to the programme/cluster in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards.
- Allocate various expenses to cost center accounts made on vouchers in compliance with WV Cost Allocation Methodologies
- Prepare and file supporting documents for all accounting transactions in compliance with WVU financial guidelines and manual
- Accuracy of expense coding and cost allocation
- Clean Balance Sheet items, no account to be overdue more than 30days- ( Account allocation)
- 100% transactions filed on daily basis
- Initiate and prepare Mobile Money transactions (using Voucher Interface) and submit to the cluster Program Accountant for upload to Share point daily
- 100% approved mobile money transactions initiated on daily basis for disbursements
Financial planning & budget management:
- Assist in developing programme/AP/cluster budgets in compliance with the programme / cluster/APs’ Plan
- 100% Projects Budgets in Horizon and Sun systems
- Zero project with True Overspending at end of the FY.
- Prepare and participate in discussion of the financial report with programme/AP team on 12th every month.
- Monthly financial reports and minutes of FFR discussions signed off by all staff
- 100% completion of LDR.
- Support the Programmes /cluster during the internal and external auditing
- Maintain completed/updated stores records and items (stock cards, bin cards, good received notes, stores requisitions and returns books, delivery notes and way bills in accordance with WVI/WVU policy.
- No Repeated Audit Findings
- Quarterly AP monitoring visits
- Well management Inventory system in place
- Train and upgrade skills and knowledge of the programme/cluster staff and partners on accounting policies and procedures.
- Hands on support to non-finance staff.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- A university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing
- A minimum of three years’ post qualification experience.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- A high level of integrity is required.
- At least 3 years relevant technical and business work experience.
- Partial professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working in the field(communities) Previous working knowledge and experience of SUN accounting software Knowledge of project management and project cycles Additional professional qualifications
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Apply On World Vision Website