GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better.
Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
Data Modeling & ETL
• Responsible for BI reporting, visualization and data exploration development alongside with data preparation. To create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into useful information and knowledge to support business decision.
• Responsible for the development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of Data Integration frameworks and ETL processes, including mappings, workflows, batch
jobs, shell scripts, stored procedures, etc.
• Interact and work with business users at all levels of the Organization to identify and fulfill analytics needs to drive business further.
• Perform any ad-hoc projects as assigned
• Assists in establishing standard operating procedures, policies, and best practices for the implementation of dashboard solutions centered around Power BI and Microsoft’s suite of products.
• Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree or Master’s Degree in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
• Between 3 -4 years of experience, with exposure on data warehousing, data analytics, database administration.
• Having at least 2 years of hands-on experience and proficient in developing and maintaining dashboards in Power BI.
• Having at least 2 years of hands-on experience in DAX queries and M Language in Power BI.
• Experience in SAP SAC and MS SQL Database is beneficial.
• Results-oriented and ability to support team objectives and goals, be a go-to person for the team in resolving challenging issues.
• High attention to detail and quality of results.
• Retail experience is beneficial.
• Good English communication skills, written and verbal, is beneficial.
• Outstanding inter-personal communication skills are essential.