The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
ECS is the industry-leading Object Storage (recognized as a Leader in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant – five years in a row!), designed for both traditional and next-generation workloads with high scalability, consistency guarantees, flexibility, and resiliency. Software-defined, scale-out and geo-distributed, ECS object platform offers superior performance for apps that demand massive unstructured data storage capacity and global access.
Join us as a Principal Lab Support Engineer on our Engineering team in Hopkinton, MA to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Principal Lab Support Engineer, you will provide lab support to our global engineering team.
- Deploy, configure, and upgrade a wide range of servers, storage, and networking hardware.
- Define opportunities for process automation, and architect solutions
- Triage and troubleshoot complex issues in hardware and software configuration
- Monitor, configure, and maintain complex networks
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience with Linux/Unix platforms and computer systems
- Deep understanding of L3 protocol and routing implementation. (Such as OSPF, BGP, etc)
- Expertise in ESXi, vCenter, and NSX-T interactive workflow
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities, ability to resolve complex issues
- 5+ years of experience with programming or scripting in any language, in a lab automation/support role
- Ability to work on site when needed
- Experience with Dell PowerConnect networking hardware
- CCNP certification
- VCP or VCAP certification
- Experience with Kubernetes platforms like OpenShift, Rancher, and VMware Tanzu
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code technolgoies, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience with Python, Prometheus, Grafana, influxdb, and Jenkins
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.