Cushman Wakefield Chief Building Operator Jobs In Mississauga Ontario Canada 2022 – Cushman Wakefield Is Recruiting For Chief Building Operator Jobs In Mississauga Ontario Region. Instered & Eligible Candidates Can Apply Online Through Cushman Wakefield Official Website. Online Application Direct Links Are Given Below, Follow The Instructions And Appply Soon Before Registration End.
If You Are Interested To Work With Cushman Wakefield In Mississauga Costa Location, Then You Can Apply Here For Cushman Wakefield Mississauga Ontario Jobs From This Job Posting Website. Complete Information Regarding Cushman Wakefield Career Opportunity Are Given Here.
|Recruitment Authority||Cushman Wakefield|
|Post Name||Chief Building Operator|
|Required Education||Hgh School Diploma or GED Equivalent|
|Required Experience||7+ years of related work experience in a fast-paced customer facing commercial property setting or any similar|
|Nationality||Any Nationality – Eligible To Work In Canada|
|Salary||As Per Cushman Wakefield Norms|
|Benefits||As Per Cushman Wakefield Rules & Regulations|
|Job State / Country||Ontario|
|Job Type||Full Time Job|
Chief Building Operator
Chief Building OperatorJob Description Summary
The Chief Building Operator is responsible for the effective daily leadership of his/her staff, managing the engineering program to the highest level of quality work and customer service as well as the administration of the engineering department in alignment with the management team, the C&W engineering platform, and client expectations.
The Chief Building Operator will perform at the highest of ethical standards, reflecting the core values of C&W as defined in its Business Code of Conduct, Policies and Procedures Manual, and other related company policies. Responsible to plan, implement, coordinate, and supervise all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management, and manpower development programs for assigned properties. The Chief Building Operator may be required to perform limited hands on operational duties and is not precluded from performing Watch Activity.Job Description
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage facilities and maintenance staff including hiring, training, personnel development, etc.
- Ensure performance management, coaching, and development of team members through established HR processes and disciplinary actions.
- Participate and coordinate in annual scheduling and execution of the C&W Safety Program as directed by Asset Services/GOS, Engineering Leadership, EH&S Administration, and so forth. Responsible for 100% Compliance at his/her sites.
- Manage operational accounts for building, including variance reporting, as required and assist in development of operating and capital budgets
- Manage site operations to ensure no impact to business activities.
- Ensure properties are well maintained using proactive approach and ensure any deficiencies are corrected quickly
- Utility Management such as tracking use, consumption, cost, reporting, comparison models, sub-metering, budgeting, variances as directed by Management and/or Leadership.
- Conduct regular inspections of building systems and equipment; identify and resolve issues.
Assist in maintenance/engineering issues as required
- Recommend and implement improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an ongoing basis.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective preventive and reactive maintenance program for task scheduling, routines, and performance. Program to include procedures for annual, semi-annual, quarterly, monthly and other scheduled maintenance as provided by the manufacturer’s recommendations and/or industry best practices.
- Develop and maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals and train building personnel
- Coordinate development of and/or maintain an Operations Document Library, including but not limited to construction plans, structural plans, as-built drawings, MEP schedules, line diagrams and schematics, equipment and operation manuals, start up and commissioning documents, and equipment warranties.
- Formulate and conduct building-related systems and equipment training.
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors, security, landlords and engineers.
- Oversee all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC, UPS and generators and electrical issues; must remain current with latest technology trends.
- Maintain ongoing effective communication with client, property management, and vendors
- Develop specifications and assist in solicitation, administration, execution and performance of maintenance/ repair service contracts
- Assist in solicitation and acquisition of new management contracts
- Respond to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns
- Implement and administer inventory control programs, purchase parts and supplies.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agency, and company directives as relates to building operations
- Support the Regional Manager and Facility Manager with rehabilitation projects such as replacement of HVAC, UPS, plumbing repairs and alterations to other Building Systems.
- Support Regional Manager or Facility Manager on all items listed below:
• Prepare and present feasibility studies.
• Prepare budget estimates.
• Prepare schedule and manage its progress.
• Prepare contract documents reflecting scope of work.
• Prepare and expedite approval of all internal control documents
• Monitor construction process to assure compliance with contract documents.
• Coordinate all work with user and Internal Support Groups.
• Maintain complete project files recording progress, approvals, financial data and contracts
• Perform weekly inspections, punch list exceptions, and expedite corrective action
• Meet or exceed all KPI’s and other deadlines.
• Interact with peers to share best practices and provide guidance.
• Conduct regular team meetings.
Duties are inclusive of approximately 50% operating engineer responsibilities;
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may require shift work and/or on-call or stand-by duties; may require after-hours support to escort vendors to complete PM’s, repairs or other events that can only be completed in a green zone.
• Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
• Interpersonal Skills
• Organization Skills
• Technical Proficiency
• Management Skills
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• Building Environmental Systems (BES) I & II or equivalent
• 7+ years of related work experience in a fast-paced customer facing commercial property setting or any similar combination of education or experience in the operation, installation and maintenance of building systems with in depth technical understanding and knowledge of all HVAC, UPS, generator, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, and control systems.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Vocational/Technical training certificate
• Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses
• Universal Technician for CFC’s depending on market licensure requirements
• Financial knowledge necessary for reading, maintaining and understanding budgets, budget variances and monthly reporting as required
• Familiar with Energy Management System (EMS)/programming and fire alarm systems
• Good Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
• Working knowledge of all aspects of building systems and operations, contractual maintenance, construction and related services, and local laws and building codes pertaining to building operations and safety
• Fall arrest/working at heights proof of training an asset
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
• Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
• Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
• Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
• Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
• Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
Cushman & Wakefield is committed to equity in employment and our goal is to have a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace. If you are a person with a disability and need the job posting in an alternative format or any other accessible accommodations during the hiring process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.Cushman & Wakefield s’engage à respecter l’équité en matière d’emploi.
Notre objectif est d’offrir un milieu de travail diversifié, inclusif et exempt d’obstacles. Si vous êtes une personne handicapée et que vous avez besoin de recevoir l’offre d’emploi dans un autre format ou d’accéder à toute autre mesure d’adaptation au cours du processus d’embauche, veuillez soumettre votre demande par courriel à email@example.com. Veuillez mentionner le titre de poste et le lieu de travail au moment de communiquer avec nous.
Apply On Cushman Wakefield Website